Degree: PhD (Thesis ongoing)
Title of the dissertation: Mechanical Behavior of Solder Affected Copper Bulk Subjected to Work Hardening and Thermal Treatment
Degree: M. Sc Engineering (Mechanical)
Title of the dissertation: Analysis of a Guided Deep Beam of Composite Materials
Degree: Master in Business Administration (Finance)
Title of the dissertation: Study on Determinants of Working Capital Management of Domestic Private Banks in Bangladesh
Degree: Master in Defense Studies
Title of the dissertation: Challenges and Prospects of Energy Security in Bangladesh
Degree: B Sc Engineering (Naval Arch & Marine Engg)
Title of the dissertation: Study on the Slipway Design for End-Lunching of Vessels in Bangladesh Perspective
Degree: Marine Engineering Specialization (Post Graduation Diploma), 1999
Institute: Centre for Marine Engineering & Technology, Lonavla, India
Degree: Marine Propulsion Control Technology (Post Graduation Diploma), 1998
Institute: Institute of Armament Technology, Pune, India
Degree: Marine Gearbox Maintenance & Overhauling, 1997
Institute: ZF Train Centre, Fredishefen, Germany
Degree: Marine Diesel Engine Maintenance and Overhauling, 1996
Institute: Paxman Centre, Colchester, UK
- Received Chancellor’s Gold Medal for CGPA 4.0 (out of 4.0) in MBA with Major in Finance.
- Received “Shri Baddri Prasad Shrivastava” trophy for standing first in Marine Propulsion Control Technology Course (MPCTC) in India.
- Marine Engineering-II for final level undergraduate students
- Industrial Management for final level undergraduate students
- Ship Economics and Management for final level undergraduate students
Senior Instructor (Mechanical) and Head of the Department,
Department of Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering,
Military Institute of Science & Technology (MIST), Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh
Past Academic Experiences:
- Instructor, Operational Sea Training Guide, BN Flotilla.
- Instructor, Engineering Training School, BNS SHAHEED MOAZZAM.
- General Manager, Dockyard & Engineering Works Ltd, Narayanganj
- Deputy General Manager, Khulna Shipyard Ltd, Khulna
- Engineer Officer, BNS UMAR FAROOQ, Chittagong
- Engineer Officer, BNS ABUBAKR, Chittagong
- Engineer Officer, BNS OSMAN, Chittagong
- Deputy Director, Dte of Naval Engineering, NHQ, Dhaka
- Staff Officer, Dte of Naval Engineering, NHQ, Dhaka
- Staff Officer, Operational Sea Training Guide, Chittagong
- Instructor, BNS SHAHEED MOAZZAM, Kaptai, Chittagong
- Engineer Officer and project officer for renovation of BNS ANIBAN, Khulna
- Engineer Officer, BNS SHAHEED RUHUL AMIN, Chittagong
- Senior Engineer Officer, BNS ALI HAIDER, Chittagong
- Engineer Officer, BNS NIRBHOY, Chittagong
- Assistant Engineer (Naval Architect), Bangladesh Steel & Engineering Corporation
||Fast Patrol Boat
||Fire Fighting Boat
||03 (01 + 02)
||at DEW + KSY
|Private Shipping Co
|Private Shipping Co
||at DEW (Partially involved)
- Muzibur Rahman and S. Reaz Ahmed, “Toward the Exact Elasticity Solution of a Deep Beam with Guided ends”, Proceedings of the 4th BSME-ASME International Conference on Thermal Engineering, 2008, pp. 889-894.
- Muzibur Rahman, “An Outlook on Development of Shipbuilding in Bangladesh”, MIST Seminar, 2016.
- Muzibur Rahman. “An Appraisal of Shipbuilding Prospects in Bangladesh”, Procedia Engineering 194 (2017) 224 – 231, doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.08.139.
- Muzibur Rahman, and S. Reaz Ahmad. “Displacement Potential Solution of a Guided Deep Beam of Composite Materials Under Symmetric Three-Point Bending”, AIP Conference Proceedings 1919, 020001 (2017); doi.org/10.1063/1.5018519.
- Muzibur Rahman, Rajia Sultana Kamol, and Reyana Islam, “Structural Analysis of a Ship on Global Aspect Using ANSYS”, AIP Conference Proceedings 1919, 020008 (2017); doi.org/10.1063/1.5018526.
- Muzibur Rahman, A. H. Yusuf Mridha, and Kazi Sakib Ahsan, “Selection of Propulsive Machinery for Repowering of an Old Patrol Craft – A Case Study”, AIP Conference Proceedings 1919, 020027 (2017); doi.org/10.1063/1.5018545.
- Muzibur Rahman, Faysal Khan, M. S. Kaiser, and S. Reaz Ahmed, “Effect of Thermal Ageing on Mechanical Behavior of Synthetic and Natural Rubber Dominated Short Flat Bars”, AIP Conference Proceedings 1980, 030021 (2018); doi: 10.1063/1.5044300.
- Muzibur Rahman, M. Abu Sufian, R. Al Shahid, M. S. Kaiser, and S. Reaz Ahmed, “Effect of hot and cold rolling on electromechanical properties of a commercial high conductive metallic material”, The 11th International Conference on Marine Technology MARTEC 2018 held on 13-15 Aug 2018 in Malaysia and published by UTM.
- Nafisha Nubayaatt Haq, M Muzibur Rahman and M Munir Hassan, “Development of suitable design for fishery research vessel for the contribution to the blue economy of Bangladesh”, The 11th International Conference on Marine Technology MARTEC 2018 held on 13-15 Aug 2018 in Malaysia and published by UTM.
10. Muzibur Rahman, M. S. Kaiser, and S. Reaz Ahmed, “Effect of thermal ageing on the tensile properties of hot and cold rolled commercial high conductive metal and its alloy”, The 8th BSME. International Conference on Thermal Engineering held on 19-21 Dec 2018 and published by American Institute of Physics (AIP). AIP Conference Proceedings 2121, 140004 (2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5115955