Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
Institute: Military Institute of Science & technology
Department: NAME (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering)
Passing Year: 2018
Title of dissertation: The Null Effect of Cross Sections Other Than the Heavily Pitting on Strength Reduction of Pitted Marine Plates Subjected to Uniaxial Tensile Loading
Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.)
College: Ideal School and College, Motijheel
Result : GPA 5.00 out of 5.00
Board : Dhaka.
Passing Year: 2014
Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.)
School: Siddheswari Girls’ High School
Result: GPA 5.00 out of 5.00
Passing Year: 2012
- Participated in short course on ship designing software “MAXSURF”, 2016.
- Participated in industrial training for two weeks at Dockyard & Engineering Works Ltd., Narayanganj & Bangladesh Institute of Marine Technology (BIMT).
- Participated in industrial training for one week at Ananda Shipyard & Slipways Ltd. (ASSL) Ltd.
- Participated in industrial training for three days at Radiant Shipyard Ltd.
Academic Experience: Working as lecturer at NAME department of MIST (January 2019- Present)
- Was awarded with “MIST MEDAL” for obtaining the First position within the department in undergraduate programme . (17th Graduation ceremony of MIST, 2018)
- Was awarded with MIST Dean’s List of Honour for outstanding performance in undergraduate programme. (17th Graduation ceremony of MIST, 2018)
RESEARCH AREAS/ INTERESTS
- Finite Element Analysis
- Ship structure and shipbuilding
- Resistance and Propulsion
- Offshore Structures
- Effects of pitting corrosion on marine structure
- MIST Journal of Science and Technology, Volume – 7, Issue – 1, August 2019: ‘THE NULL EFFECT OF CROSS SECTIONS OTHER THAN THE MAXIMUM PITTED CROSS SECTION ON STRENGTH REDUCTION OF AGED MARINE PLATES SUBJECTED TO UNIAXIAL TENSILE LOADING’. Commodore M Munir Hassan (Retd)(1), Tasmia Hoque(2) and Lieutenant Colonel Muhammad Rabiul Islam, PhD(3)